Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jess Visits Uganda

I have been so blessed to have Jess here for the past two weeks! We have had such a great time together over my Spring Break. Last weekend, Jess, Jenae, and I went white water rafting on the Nile River. I don't have pictures yet, but trust me, it was pretty intense! Almost every raft flipped and many people fell out, but thanks to our great guide, Tutu, we never did! That night, we met up with Nicole and her friends at Uganda Christian University. It was so crazy for Jess, Nicole, and I to be having a reunion in Uganda! Who would have thought?

On Monday, Jess started a soccer - football - camp with the girls. They absolutely loved it! This was a first for them as girls do not usually play soccer here in Uganda. There were a couple who have serious potential!
Jess with Molly - the youngest of the soccer girls
At the end of the camp, Jess was able to give each girl a donated soccer ball.
The whole team

In the afternoons, we helped the first, second, and third graders make witness bracelets. Jess enjoyed getting to know the kids I teach every day.
Jess and Auntie Edith with the girls showing off their bracelets.
(Alice is the one on the right.)
You have heard me talk about "Dimples" before - his real name is Isaac. But, Jess got an amazing picture that shows you why I gave him this nickname. Isn't he the cutest?I am going to miss this girl!
I am so thankful she was able to come visit and get a glimpse of my life here.
I love you, Jess!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you two had such an amazing time together! You both look so happy!! Great pictures! I love you both so much and thanks for all you are doing! Drea, I hope your start back at school goes well! I love you, Steph

Jess said...

Thanks Steph!!! Dre, I miss you already! Thanks for the best couple weeks EVER! I will never forget my time there! I love you so much and enjoyed getting a glimpse into what you do everyday! You have an incredible ministry there and I am so proud of you! I love you so much, I pray for you daily!

Anonymous said...

So happy you and Jess had these two weeks together!! What a blessing for you both!! The pictures and comments are wonderful, thanks for sharing...Much love always, your aunt, Nancy.