Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Beyond Words

This weekend Jenae, JoAnn, and I went on a safari to kick off our two-week Spring break. It was amazing! The first three pictures are views of the safari park from our hotel. It was a gorgeous view! This place was so inexpensive - I could not believe the panoramic view that came with it. The afternoon we got there, we went out on our first game drive and saw the most animals we would see all weekend. We saw lions (I got an amazing video of a buffalo chasing the lions- I am trying to post it - we'll see), buffalo, water buck, waterhogs, elephants, topi, and cob. The next day, Jenae was not feeling well so she stayed back :( JoAnn and I went on a river boat and saw hippos, buffalo, crocodiles, and lots of birds. We were supposed to stay one night at a tent camp but the roads were washed out due to the rain, so we came back a day early. I was thankful for all we were able to see though. On the way back, we stopped at the equator and I got my picture taken while standing in both hemispheres. And, yes, they did have demonstrations to show that the water does circulate differently depending on the hemisphere. For those who were wondering, I am in the Northern Hemisphere - just like you :)
These pictures just do not do it justice. God's creation is AMAZING!If you look closely, you can see the Rwenzori Mountains in the background.These lion cubs were so cute!
In my opinion, the warthog is one of God's ugliest creatures.
The baby hippo is the one standing.
These baboons were definitely not afraid of cars or people. They came right by the roadside to see what handouts they could get. The baby decided to pose for me.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing experience my friend! I am so glad that you got to go on this unforgetable journey.

Anonymous said...

Have I told you how much I love you lately!! You are just the cutest thing ever and I love all your pictures! How beautful the views are and the animals :) I am sure you had an awesome time and I cant wait to hear about your adventure! I hope you have a great spring break, enjoy your time off!! I love you, steph

Anonymous said...

Dre, Thanks for a great post and I love your comments. You and Jess have a blessed and joyful time as you catch up. Miss talking to you but you are always on my mind (that would be a great song). I love you, Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the beautiful pictures! It's neat that you were able to stand on and see the equator. We hope you have a great time in Ugunda. We love and miss quite a bit!

Love,
Miss Hornbeck's 3rd grade class :)

Lois said...

Wow!! Your safari sounds amazing!! Your pictures are stunning!! What an experience!! I knew I could count on you for a great blog following your safari!! Thanks for not letting me down!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

so cool. so jealous. i loved it when we got to do a small safari in kenya last year. now i settle for the safari ride at disney's animal kingdom. cool, but sigh.

Anonymous said...

Andrea, pics are great as were other postings. I truly enjoy your blogs. I may try to print out a number of them and share with my Crosstalk Sunday school group. I hope this goes thru for as you know I am not that computer savy. Take care, enjoy your holiday and time with Jess. My best, Uncle Rog

Anonymous said...

Hi! You were mentioned at UPC this past Sunday and I was able to find you blog! I love reading your stories and looking at your pictures. They are beautiful! We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Dre, you are so pretty, and your pictures are great! What a beautiful creation God has made for us! I am so glad that you got to go and had fun! I love you and miss you lots!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you can enjoy God's beautiful creation down there!

Zach said...

The little Equator structure they have set up cracks me up. I especially like the big banner above you that says "Equator."

Brandi said...

SO COOL!!! That's definitely one of my dreams for the future!

Brandi