Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Rhino Trekking

This past weekend, we took some of our short-term medical missionaries to a place we had never been before. We went to a rhino sanctuary. It was actually a great weekend getaway. We were able to see some rhinos - up close and personal - and relax a bit too. Two of the rhinos were actually donated by our very own Animal Kingdom. May I add that the stars in the African sky are gorgeous!?! I could see SO many! I clearly saw the Milky Way, as well as Venus and Saturn.

If you want to see some pictures from the weekend, just click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to go!! I love you and I'm praying for you friend!! Wwwat!!

Lois said...

I can't believe you put "rhinos up close and personal" and "relax" in the same sentence!!! It really MUST be a different way of life in Uganda!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dre, I can't believe some of those pictures, they are so neat. It is nice to know that when we are at Disney, we are actually closer to you than we think. I miss you so much and really hope we can talk soon on skype. Miss you and have a good rest of the week. Talk to you soon. Miss you tons, Love Jonathan

Nicole said...

Andrea!!! you were so close to those rhinos and Im so jealous! That one picture of the rhino approaching you from behind....SO CLOSE. Those are great pictures! I miss Uganda and YOU lots. LOVE YOU